Although the 21st Century Satellite takes inspiration from the Mid Century Modern period, the modern component of this is at the forefront. The original Satellite Motel was a forward-looking design in its initial form. The 21st Century Satellite will reflect that aesthetic throughout, building upon the Satellite's history during its initial period of existence and moving it forward.
The 21st Century Satellite will provide the amenities noted below for all guests. Some of these items are not offered anywhere but with us, facets within the complete experience:
- 100 mbps wireless internet/wi-fi service throughout our grounds, inside and out
- Custom 21st Century Satellite mobile app, putting control, and us, at your fingertips. It's technology dreamed about during the space age the original Satellite motel debuted in, and will be reality at the 21st Century Satellite. From booking your trip here, to ordering something from our restaurant, and most any other thing you can think of, just touch and go.
- Concierge service. The 21st Century Satellite does more than supply a place to stay. We guide and offer advice, provide assistance with arranging your days and nights outside the motel, and even help with your travels in getting here. Our relationships with other businesses nearby for services like as dry cleaning and clothes laundering fill in what's not provided directly by the 21st Century Satellite transparently for guests, as if we did. You'll feel as if you haven't any needs.
- Car service within the island in a classic 1963 Lincoln Continental, gratis. Reserve your spot for a splendid ride.
- Business center including public computers with centralized printer (also usable from your device), copier/scanner/fax, plus office supplies.
- Revelry room with table games, (coin operated) electronic games, and indoor miniature golf course featuring models of Wildwood motels past along the green, such as the Ebb Tide, the Tahiti, the 24th Street, with the original Satellite at the final hole.
- Gym...for your personal health, appearance and well-being.
- Daily maid service, assuring the utmost in cleanliness and neatness
- Ice machines to keep your beverages chilled on the beach
- Satellite wafer candies in every room
While at the 21st Century Satellite, you may enjoy our:
- Lobby with Dione lounge, providing full views of your surroundings throughout by the divided pane glass walls, along with its balcony. The lounge features a 65" smart OLED color television used both for movie nights and for business meetings, vintage AMI Continental jukebox stocked with the Frank Sinatra Capitol Records catalog, bar counter and stools, plus variety of seating choices. The lobby will include a section detailing the Satellite's history.
- In-deck heated pool and hot tub, both available through our entire season, and open 'til 10:pm in season
- Integrated outdoor grills/cooking stations with raised counter surrounds and stools
We will also offer:
- Mimas restaurant overlooking the ocean and pool/deck, offering breakfast, lunch and (in season) dinner, candy treats, ice cream and desserts. The restaurant will be open to all, whether staying at the motel or not. Take-out is made easy with a poolside walk-up window, plus beach delivery via our app.
- Salon...to further pamper yourself.
- Laundromat with complimentary detergent and fabric softener
- Gift shop
The 21st Century Satellite welcomes those wishing to hold an event with us - whether its a business function, something centered around a happening on the island, or one that's more private. With our bi-level oceanview lobby, restaurant, vintage Continentals, and other facilities, plus our full complement of rooms and services, the 21st Century Satellite will provide a setting to make your event all the more unforgettable.